Monday, May 16, 2011

Easter!

I had to work this weekend so Easter was a little different this year.  The hospital has a big Easter Egg Hunt every year.  Since I was at work, Kyle brought the boys over to the egg hunt and I came outside to help him.  The 0-2 year olds stand in line and some helpers give each kid a handfull of eggs and toys.  The first age group to hunt for their own eggs is three years old.  So Wes actually had to go get his own eggs.  He did not get a lot since he was a little nervous.  He did pick up some toys and he says that he had a good time.  We colored eggs at my parents with Elisa and her son Shayne on Saturday night.  Then Sunday they held the Easter Egg Hunt until I got home after work.  So after six last night my parents had a big Easter Egg Hunt for Hallie, Wesley, Carter, Shayne, Jonathen and Catherine.  The kids all got a lot of eggs.  Wes and Hallie got the most, but the littler kids got the eggs they wanted.  We then came inside to have Easter dinner with the family.  It was nice to have most of the family home.  We always miss Matt and his family, but Matt called and talked to my mom while we were preparing.  The kids really seemed to enjoy themselves.  Overall, it was a pretty good Easter.  Next year I should not have to work so it will be a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment