Saturday, June 2, 2012

Wesley's Talk

Wesley is now in primary and as part of primary he gets to participate in opening exercises.  The second week of January he gave the scripture. The third week of March he gave the prayer.  May 20th he got to give the talk.  We are not even halfway through the year yet and Wesley has already done every part of opening exercises.  He was so excited to give his talk.  His topic was baptism so he talked about flying to Virginia to see his cousin Stephen get baptized.  He did an amazing job considering I wrote the talk and am not very good at using small words.  Poppa, Dad and Grandma all got to come listen to Wesley's talk.  Poppa thought it was funny when Wesley would use words such as righteousness.  I guess my children have no choice but to use big words with me as their mom.  I am very proud of my son for being able to do all of these things in Primary without any meltdowns or jibberish.  He speaks clearly for everyone to hear him and doesn't mind being in front of the group.  I love my little boy.

2 comments:

  1. That is so exciting for Wesley, I teach the sunbeams in my Ward and they don't even ask the sunbeams to participate till later which I think is too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job Wesley!!! He is such a smart kid I am sure he knows bigger words than me. I am glad he didn't have the normal jitters and meltdowns that other kids tend to have. Aunt Mandy is super proud of you Wes!

    ReplyDelete