Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

It was another crazy week for us.  I had to work on Thanksgiving so my parents, sister Jennifer, Kyle, and the boys held Thanksgiving dinner until I got off work.  So we ate at 6:30 pm.  It was a good dinner and the boys both seemed to really enjoy the evening.  Kyle had circled a few items in the Walmart add so I headed to Walmart at 9:40 pm.  I got to the store and seriously considered turning around.  The entire Walmart parking lot was full and so was most of the JCPenny parking lot across the street.  Mom called about that time and Dad came out and parked my car while I walked inside.  Once inside I was pretty sure I had lost my mind for purposely putting myself in this insanity.  I found my Mom in the back of the store and we succeeded in getting some pajamas for the boys.  We then got the present for Kyle that I came to get.  We tried to find the Wii that Mom was looking for and failed miserably.  In fact, Mom and Dad were not able to get any of the things that they came for.  The trampoline was sold out even before 10 when the sale was supposed to start.  I got quite a few toys for the boys and felt it was a productive evening for me.  Mom and Dad went to Twin after Walmart while I went home.  I got home a little after 11 and went directly to bed since I had to work at 7 am the next morning.  On Friday, I got off work a little early and headed directly to Boise.  Kyle's neice, Lydia, was going to be baptised early the next morning.  We got in to Emmett around 8 that night.  The next morning we got up and got ready to go to Eagle for the baptism.  Lydia was baptised and Wesley kept asking me who was going to be baptised next.  With both Stephen and Lydia getting baptised this month he felt we should keep going.  We went bowling that night with all of the cousins.  Wesley and Jonathen had a really good time.  I even managed to beat one of my nephews.  I am usually one of the worst bowlers so that was kind of a suprise.  Jonathen even got second place in the younger kids group.  On Sunday we had an ordination to attend.  Daric, Lydia's older brother, was being ordained to the office of a teacher.  It was quite a busy weekend and we headed home after the ordination.  After getting back, we headed over to my parents since my sister Caitlin was in town.  We ended staying and playing games with Caitlin and Scott.  It was a fun night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment