Tuesday, April 2, 2013

One Year Older & Wiser too!

Jon is now three years old.  He has been anxiously awaiting this day for quite a while now.  The night before his birthday he asked me if he could start telling people he is three.  I took him to the doctor the day before his birthday for his yearly checkup.  On the way there he told me he was getting shots.  Since this is his 3 year check up he is not supposed to get shots so I let him know that no, he would not be getting shots this time.  He then informed me in a very sad voice, "But I wanted shots so I could get a sucker."  It was very funny.  He thought he had to get a shot to get a sucker.  The doctor is always suprised by my little boys and what they say and do.  Jonathen shook his hand when he came in and promptly told him all about how he will turn three the next day.  Jonathen is a big talker.  In fact, it is not very often that I can get him to be quiet.  He will talk to anyone.  He measured 39 inches tall (between 75th & 90th percentile) and 30 lbs (10th percentile).  Long and skinny.  On his birthday we had a family dinner for him and Upper Crust.  My parents and a few of my sisters were there.  Elisa and her son Shayne were in town from Moscow so they got to be there.  Jon  always enjoys having Shayne around.  They had dinner and Jon got to wear an icecream cone hat for his birthday.  He wasn't really sure he wanted to wear the hat.  We then opened presents and had cake.  Jon was soooooo excited about all of his presents.  The cake was a superhero cake.  It had three different layers and each layer represented a different superhero.  The bottom layer was green and purple for The Hulk, the middle layer was white with blue webbing for Spiderman, and the top layer was yellow with a bat signal for Batman.  Jonny got the idea from my mother and her pintrest obsession.  She saw a cake on  pinterest that was layered like that and Jon just had to have something like that.  It turned out pretty well for being three cakes combined into one.  Jon also had his nursery teachers stop by with bunny cakes for his birthday and the Bishop brought over cookies the next day for him.  Our ward is really great about birthdays, I was really suprised.  Jon had a great day and is so excited to be three years old.  However he has already started planning his next birthday. 



No comments:

Post a Comment