Tuesday, July 10, 2012

1st Annual Reddington Family Reunion

As a family we decided to start our own reunion this year.  My sister Crystal's inlaws do a service project/family reunion every year so we kind of copied them.  It was decided to roof my parents house for our service project and then go to Dierkies Lake for the family reunion the next day.  On June 29th my sisters all drove to Rupert to start work on my parents roof.  I had to work that day so I did not join them until 5:30 pm.  They started work at 1pm and were still hard at work at 6pm.  They did come down for dinner and then got back up to work until it was too dark to work anymore.  I took my boys home at 8 pm, but left Kyle over there working.  The next morning we got up and headed over to Grandma and Poppa's house for breakfast.  After breakfast I joined my family up on the roof to finish up.  We got a system going and fell into a rhythm.  I came down at 10 to feed Nate and they finished up before I had a chance to go back up.  Afterwards we packed up and headed to Dierkies Lake, outside of Twin Falls, for swimming and a picnic.  It was a fun day with family.  The boys really enjoyed playing with their cousins.  However, my parents discovered that babysitting three 2 year olds is like having triplets with different mothers.  Jon, Shayne, and Carter our nine months apart in age and all two.  Just wait until they are teenagers together and really drive us crazy.  Oh well.  It was great to hang out with my family and hopefully we can continue getting together every year.
Nate at Dierkies Lake
Wesley, Grandma, Jon, and Shayne at the picnic
Catherine, Hallie, and Carter at the picnic.
Kyle fell asleep with Nate.
Wesley sitting on Poppa. (Good thing my dad is such a good sport.)

No comments:

Post a Comment