Monday, March 29, 2010

Growing up too fast

A few days ago Wesley suprised me so much that I just had to share.  Wesley loves to read.  He will spend hours making anyone who is willing read to him.  We have more than enough children's books to last forever and yet will still keep buying them.  He loves them so much that it is hard to tell him no.  Well, anyway, the other day Wes, Jon and I had been home all day together and I was feeding Jonathen.  Wesley did not have anyone available to read to him since my hands were full.  So he was looking through his books without me.  Out of the blue I hear Wesley reading the story.  What was so great was he wasn't just making up a story to go with the pictures he was actually saying the story.  The book was Panda Bear Panda Bear by Eric Carle.  It is kind of a animal rights version of Brown Bear Brown Bear except the animals are green sea turtles, macaroni penguins, and whooping cranes and the animals aren't just looking at each other they are soaring, splashing, and stalking.  Wes was saying all the words on each page before turning the page and doing it again.  I was so suprised I didn't even think to get it all on camera.  It took me several minutes to remember that my cell phone takes videos and by then he had switched books and the video I got wasn't as impressive as the first book.  Oh well.  He is growing up so quickly.  I know he wasn't actually reading more like repeating a memorized story, but it was so amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment